Monday, June 27, 2011

School and other things...

Good grief! Or so Charlie Brown would say... Except, I mean it in a good way (??).

After a day of running around the corridors, gathering people like sheep, shouting out announcements and tallying and endless number of votes, one realises that there's more to life than football, ice-cream and samosas... or maybe all that is just part of the whole...

So here I sit, in a pair of new tracks which I strongly suspect should have been thrown in for a preliminary wash because they smell strange. I don't think I've ever written a sentence that long without commas... Grammar-Nazi that I am...
We should start a Grammar-Nazi Club in school.
Lesson One: The difference between 'back' and 'backside'...
Lesson Two: The difference between 'Bag' and 'Cover'...
Lesson Three: Enunciation of the letter 'Y'... and also, the difference between 'alphabet' and 'letter'!
Lesson Four: How not to mistake sexual allusions for abusive gestures... Sounds random, but is quite specific... 14-year olds (rolls eyes)... (Please ask me if you are wondering what the bloody hell this is about!)

The weather right now is very beach-like! :) soft evening light, strong, warm breeze... my favourite!

I take my leave! Heil!

3 comments:

  1. Grammar Nazi sounds too fascist. "English Language Enthusiasts" is probably what you should call yourselves. :D
    You like using ellipses a lot, non?

    Also, Change your time zone settings. Blog says you posted this at 5:46 in the AM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, Grammar-Nazi is your term for it! yes, i like ellipses! they add a feel of openness, and many of my sentences would seem incomplete without them :P
    I never noticed the time settings! how do i change them?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dashboard > Settings > Formatting. You'll be able to figure out the rest.

    ReplyDelete