Friday, July 1, 2011

The E-flat Tuba and other things...

I finally realised why our tubas are so tiny (as far as tubas go, at least)! It's because they are E-flat Tubas, and all the ones I've seen on the Net are BB-flat! Much lower in note!
Anyway, I now know 'Abide With Me', and I'm learning 'Lead Kindly Light', now! I wonder if I can convince NS to let me take my Tuba home to practice... I heard it's a 'done' thing...I can get the hang of those darn high-C's!
The band is learning a new piece called 'Holiday March', which sounds gorgeous! The Band may have a hard time though! Anyone would, if you had a march switching between 6\8, 3\4 and 9\8 timing!!

Anyway, we have to decide on a charity, that is, we, the Interact Club. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, we need to start holding meetings during the lunch-break, so members must be informed! We need to decide things fast, because I need to have a speech prepared! I wish somebody who is actually in the club was following my blog... I need to publicise it!!

2 comments:

  1. :moves on as there's nothing for us non-interact people to see here:

    What charities do you have in mind, Prez?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spastics Society will be a good idea. I know the Head, and we can be sure that the cash will be used responsibly there.

    ReplyDelete